Saturday, December 6, 2008

Just Breath!

Sitting down to write this post, I am totally exhausted - almost to the point of not continuing on with these words.

My day started early at 5:30 a.m., to get up for an early run. I literally hit the ground running - Ha!

From that point on I have been going non-stop, running errands, fulfilling commitments, making holiday preparations, addressing Christmas cards, housework, run-of-the-mill mom stuff. No wonder I am tired.

But, I know that this will be my state for the next several weeks as the holidays approach.

At this time of year, more than any other, it seems like I am continually on the go. Somehow I over-do almost every aspect of my life. I over-shop, over-bake, over-commit, over-estimate, over-prepare, over-schedule, over-stress, and have over-the-top expectations of how the holiday season should be. I am moving so fast and furiously that sometimes I forget to breath.

I forget to take a step away from the busyness, take a deep breath and enjoy being in the moment of this magical time of year. I get lost in doing stuff to get ready, and before I know it, everything that I have been preparing for so feverishly is over - and I have missed it all.

This year, I am going to make a conscious effort to take a break, take a rest and relish in the moments of Christmas. I am going to just breath!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome thought! People get so busy this time of year they forget what the holiday season is all about, spending time with your loved ones.

    Oh, and today's "What is it" photo? It's either a pile of soap bars or a pile of white athletic socks, I'm leaning more toward soap. :-)

    http://ruthscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! The essence of Christmas is lost in many of us. We have turned it into a burden instead of naking it just a celebration of loving and living which is just what it is.

    I have added you in my blogroll.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there my new arizona friend. i think that i'm just gonna breathe with ya. thanks for the visit!

    blessings...lylah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your thoughts on this post!