Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fortyness - When you Stumbled

To my beautiful daughters, I love you forever.



When you were two and you stumbled,
I picked you up
and cradled you until you were all right again.

When you were eight and you stumbled,
I held out my hand to you to raise you up
and hugged you until you were all right again.

When you were sixteen and you stumbled,
I got down on the ground with you and encouraged you until you were back on your feet
and held your hand until you were all right again.

Now, when you stumble,
although my heart breaks and wants to pick you up and cradle you,
I meet your eyes, encouraging you,
knowing that you have the strength to place your feet beneath you and raise yourself up
and I love you through it, until you are all right again.


Photo by Becky Mozilo

3 comments:

  1. Totally beautiful and a great mother's creed. It brought tears to my eyes.

    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy!!! I am so touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect description of what good parenting looks like. brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your thoughts on this post!