Monday, October 27, 2008

A Big Pink Thank You!

Thank you to all who stopped by my blog in October and read about breast cancer and breast cancer awareness.

This month, I told you about my amazing sister Amy and her battle with Inflammatory Breast Cancer, IBC. I shared with you about some of her trials as well as her triumphs as she is walking the road that so many - too many have walked before her. I have shared with you ways that you can support the cause of breast cancer awareness by purchasing "pink" products. I have shared with you hope and blessings that have been found amongst the cancer mire.

I would like to finish off the month by reminding women to do their monthly self-exams. Know your breasts, what the feel like AND what they look like. Schedule your clinical exam with your doctor and let him or her know your concerns, your family history and any other information you feel is important to ensuring your breast health. Schedule your mammogram! Don't put it off because it isn't comfortable. They are not that bad. Besides, a little squeeze is worth finding any potential problems.

I will leave the cancer information links and the SISTER check posted on the sidebar as a permanent addition to this page. Feel free to come back and visit the links, and to utilize the SISTER check information.

Please feel free to leave any comments about how this month's entries affected you. Share your cancer story, a loved ones story, or a story of how cancer has touched you.

Thank you again for reading. I hope October's posts have been a blessing to you.

Stay tuned for more posts from AZ Mom of Many Hats!

4 comments:

  1. Nice post Ange! Great month of blogging. So what's up for next month? I'm sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I got my id and my password right after one try....that has NEVER happened before! I didn't spend 10 minutes trying to post a response! WOW! I need to post more......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the October posts! What a special tribute to your sister and it shows just how special you are too! Sometime, somewhere, someone will remember the signs of IBC from your post and it will help them.
    Looking forward to next month too! It is truly one of my life's biggest blessings to have 3 daughters that care so deeply for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful posts! Sending prayers and good Karma your & your sister's way for healing! (I am a cancer survivor - 3 yrs!!) While my cancer was not breast cancer, I always feel obligated to share news and sites relating to anything Cancer! I posted last month about a wonderful site I came across - geared more to the younger gals with breast cancer - called "FeelYourBoobies.com" check it out - I thought it was really well done by the founder of the organization. Happy Sunday to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your thoughts on this post!